Tuesday, August 24, 2010

2010 - 8-15 - 8/24 - On the hook and Kate's visit

Week of August 15th Con’t We returned to the Marina on Monday - the parts arrived. Much to my displeasure, Wayne signed us up for another week! Played another great game of dominoes with Tom and Susan. Putted around on Tuesday then treated to happy hour and teasers at the Riverhouse bar. You’re not gonna believe this but the 4th (I think cuz I lost count) circuit breaker fried up on Wednesday. Deep depression abounds but at least one invertor is still operational. Tracing wiring was the theme for the next few days. I continued to varnish the frame pieces. Thursday evening the four of us took the tour boat, fast becoming a very big dinghy, to Madison’s, (a restaurant in the Twin Dolphin marina on the opposite side of the river) and left it there to expose it to the wealthier side of the river. We were finally getting to see some of Bradenton. Very quaint and comfortable. Stopped into a cigar bar just as a group ended a game of Texas Holdum. Didn’t stay for a drink as the smoke was getting to Wayne and Susan. Further along, we found another little place with a pool table and darts. I don’t mind bar hopping, but I prefer to have something to do - this was my kinda place! I don’t think Susan ever played but with Tom’s skillful

lessons, she did great. Friday was girl’s night out - Nymah, Susan and I squeezed into Nymah’s Jeep over to a park on the river in Bradenton to watch Hotel for Dogs. It was a perfect night with gentle breezes and a funny movie. TJ and Sharon left the cottage on Saturday - Mickey and friends arrived shortly afterwards. It’s been a very busy place! Kate drove here to stay with us. We had dinner on the boat and Kate got to see the softer but scarier side
of Wayne. You see, even engineers can lighten up and have fun. Week of August 22nd Rain in the AM-what a way to start the weekend. Kate and I walked to the tiny Historical Park
in Palmetto, a place I’ve been wanting to see. Shame it was closed so we had to peek in windows. In honor of Kate’s visit, happy hour and Teasers again. No cooking for me tonight…
Week of August 22nd Con't- Monday Tropical Storm Danielle was whirling around in the Atlantic but Spaghetti models show it heading N-NW. Rainy day-all day. We moved the boat to DeSoto point in hopes of taking everyone to the beach - NOT - but it was still a wonderful day- ANY day on anchor is better than a day tied up to a dock! Can’t remember what I made for dinner but afterwards, Kate and I played a rousing game of scrabble -I think I won. If it wasn’t for all the cloud cover, we would have enjoyed a full moon that night. We returned to the Marina on Tuesday, Aug. 24th this time to the fuel dock. Kate took me to Publix for last minute shopping and by 3pm, she was on her way back to Ft. Myers and we were on our way south to N. Sarasota to have the outboard checked again because it’s still leaking oil. We anchored at Longboat Key for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment