Tuesday, May 17, 2011

2011 - 5/11 to 5/17 - Trip to Philly- family wedding

May 11th - Time to fly - I don’t travel well plus I’m a lousy packer. I had visions of being poked, prodded and patted down by TSA agents then seeing the whole event on U-Tube.  Or worse yet putting my x-ray results on next years’ TSA calendar…I’m hear to tell you that checking in was amazingly simple - OK, maybe I was a tad disappointed when they didn’t pat me down. 
I had the best visit with family and friends -ever!  I stayed 
 with
Sue, Loni & Dean
my cousin Sue in Hatfield, PA.  There was no being bored there and I loved it.  I finally met Hailey May, Sue’s grand-daughter, she’s 4 going on 40 - I swear and smart as a whip. (wonder what that means exactly?) I could write this
Hailey May Gadaleta

whole blog just about her.  I’m happy to report that I think Sue met her match with Dean and I'm so pleased to see that she’s finally happy. I had a lovely visit & dinner with my cousin Tom Day his wife Suzette, my cousin Chippy her husband Paul on the 13th.
Paul,Chip,Suzette,Win & Tom
The whole gang of cousins
The wedding reception on the 14th was wonderful as was my ‘suite’ at Normandy Farms Hotel (they upgraded me (?). Brunch on Sunday @ the Normandy was amazing.  Trips home are very emotional for me but seeing my family again brings peace and perspective back into my life. But the party wasn't over on Sunday. My dearest friends Paul, Carol, Tina (Carol's daughter), David, my cousin Charlie & Millie showed up. More food - more adult beverages and the chickens...
The party continues at Sue's
Tina & one of the Chicks (notice the paper towel)
Oh, did I forget to mention the 5 baby chickens living in a box in Sue's kitchen? (that's a whole nuther story folks)
Time to leave and return to Lauderdale on the 17th - it ended too quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment