Wednesday, June 20, 2007

2007 - June - Grand Cay, Bahamas

Monday, June 18;  Onward! to Grand Cay which is NW of us and just south of Walkers.  We learned that Walkers is totally shut down as a result of multiple storms and the original owner died and the heirs are bickering over what to do with the property (I’ll take it!).  We docked at Rosie’s. Rosie has a hand in everything in town- grocery, fuel, restaurant & now building guest rooms on the waterfront. Rosie is a guy – a huge guy- but a real sweetie.  We wandered around - I stopped frequently to meet the people and take pictures.
This is Angel & Blake; Jason & his kids, Brenae, Legine,
Angel & Blake
Brenyelle; & Devenie to name a few.  There was a Baptist & Pentecostal church, a cemetery, 2 grocery stores, a (new) pizza place, school, government building that housed police, court room & post office & a Batelco tower of course. A new medical clinic is being built- they have a male nurse who I didn’t meet but did meet Dolly, the Med Tech
Dolly, Winnie & Corine
(on my right in the picture below) & Corine; The pretty lady with great smile is Inez, she works at Rosie’s Grocery store where I met so many people.  We had dinner at Rosie’s –
Inez
cracked Conch, Turtle steak & lobster tail.  Adjourned to the bar area where I watched 4 guys play the fastest game of dominoes I've ever seen.  They taught me how to play for money.  

No comments:

Post a Comment